Saturday, September 3, 2016

Easy Drawer Organizing with DIY Sharpie Jewelry Dishes

Hello Remodelaholics! I’m Jen and I blog at Fresh Crush. Every so often I pop in here to share a new DIY project and this time around I’m tackling my mess of a makeup drawer. I thought some nice ceramic dishes would make a great new Sharpie art project, and kick my small bathroom storage up a notch!

sharpie-dish-07

How to Make Custom DIY Jewelry Dishes + Drawer Organizers

First, I started out with some dishes. I found these at the dollar store! It is amazing what you can find there. These dishes were $1.50 each so the investment was low. A great place to start! 

sharpie-dish-01

Next, you just need some oil-based Sharpie pens. Make sure you buy oil-based, they will “bake” in place and hold up to most washing. 

sharpie-dish-03

It’s a good tip to keep some nail polish remover on hand. If you begin a design and decide it’s not quite right or make a little mistake, the nail polish remover will erase it all, and you can start over. You can even fix up a tiny blip with a q-tip soaked in the remover. 

sharpie-dish-02

I wanted to keep this project easy so I created everything freehand. Whatever pops into mind, give it a try! These horizontal lines are about as easy as it gets! The pink keeps things pretty. 

sharpie-dish-04

A simple diamond adds a little bling to my morning. But the fun positive messages are my favourite. I figure if I’m starting my day and getting ready in the morning, I could use some happy thoughts! “Hello Beautiful”, and “Be Awesome” were the first ones to pop into my mind.

sharpie-dish-05

A few more designs, and I was ready to go. The final step is to set your oven to bake at 350 degrees. “Bake” your pieces for a half hour, and then let them cool inside the oven. You’ll be all set for your new fun designs to hold up to washing. 

sharpie-dish-06

Just take a look at this horrible before photo. A jumble of products to be organized, thrown away or re-located. It had become a bit of a dumping ground. But my new dishes whipped everything into shape…sharpie-dish-08

Look at it now!

sharpie-dish-09

Such a better start to my morning routine — and, easy enough that you can whip these up in an afternoon! 

sharpie-dish-05


Wouldn’t these be perfect gift ideas, too? For a girlfriend or a tween girl to make for her friends!

These custom jewelry dishes are so easy to make, and they'll make great gifts! Perfect for organizing small bathroom items in a drawer, or for jewelry on a vanity or nightstand. Tutorial from Fresh Crush on Remodelaholic.com

See more great easy gift ideas here:

easy DIY kitchen tablet holder
Kitchen tablet holder

yard dice YARDZEE game + bucket printables
Yardzee Game Free Printable-8210

all-occasion gift or drink caddy

all purpose, every occasion Caddy FeatureDIY concrete planters
cement planters on Remodelaholic

Remodelaholic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please see our full disclosure here.

The post Easy Drawer Organizing with DIY Sharpie Jewelry Dishes appeared first on Remodelaholic.



from Home Improvement 1 http://ift.tt/2chT0df

No comments:

Post a Comment